It’s impossible to not realise the accelerated digital transformation the world has undergone in the last year. The events of 2020 have awakened the business world to the reality that the old way of doing things just won’t cut it in the “new normal”.
Businesses that made it through the last 12 months are now looking forward, they are looking for ways to future-proof themselves and are searching for answers on how to make it in these uncertain times.
The businesses that will thrive long into the future are those that can answer these two questions:
- How do I gain total visibility over my business?
- How can I get the most out of my available resources?
This is where the Ops Hub comes in...Over the years HubSpot has become the go-to software platform for companies looking to solve their marketing, sales, service and CMS challenges and by launching The Operations Hub, HubSpot is looking to become the go-to operations platform.
The Ops Hub has been designed to narrow operational gaps through its data syncing capabilities and to synergise business processes through programmable automation.
In this blog, we’ll take a look at the 2 elements that make up the Ops Hub and we’ll show you how they’ll benefit your business.
The HubSpot Ops Hub was launched with 2 core elements:
- Data Sync (For integration)
- Automation and Data Quality
There’s a plethora of business software available today that addresses every conceivable challenge that a business could possibly encounter.
Over time, most of this software has become so easy to set up and use that IT teams are no longer responsible for the purchasing and implementing of many software applications. Now, individual departments can pick and deploy the software that’s best suited to their specific tasks and challenges.
This has led to different departments operating in silos where they aren’t able to see how their data and processes fit into the workings of the wider business. Yet, many critical business processes — cash conversion cycles, reverse-logistics, purchase order fulfilment, and many more — are business wide activities that need end-to-end visibility.
As business complexity continues to grow, so too will these data silos, leading to manual processes, data entry errors, management via spreadsheets, back-and-forth emails and a general lack of visibility across the business.
HubSpot Ops Hub addresses this through HubSpot Sync - an iPaas solution which will initially allow the syncing of 25 different applications, creating an enriched and accurate view of everything that is going on in your business.
Key benefits of HubSpot Sync:
- Increased efficiency and productivity - The biggest benefit of HubSpot Sync is that it connects different software applications and synchronizes the data making it all in one location as a “one source of truth”. Employees will no longer need to constantly switch between applications to find the information they need meaning they can be more productive.
- Cost-efficiency - HubSpot Sync is available on both the HubSpot Free and Starter package, removing the need for expensive developers to generate custom code for software integrations.
- Improved decision-making - HubSpot Sync provides end-to-end business visibility meaning that you’ll have access to real-time data and the ability to make more accurate decisions.
Process Automation and Data Quality
The second important issue that business owners face is how to get the most out of their available resources. Process automation is a means to do just that by leveraging the power of workflows.
Automating all time-consuming, repetitive and regular tasks frees up valuable employees and lets them focus on higher value work that requires human engagement.
HubSpot really takes process automation up a notch with the introduction of Programmable Automation, which gives you the ability to automate any business process with custom coded workflows.
There are 2 key areas for using Hubspot’s Custom Coded Workflows:
- Your current process uses a third-party app that does not sync well (e.g calculating commissions)
- You want to do something within Hubspot and you are facing limitations around that process (e.g SLAs within HubSpot, managing forecasts).
Programmable Automation means that you are not forced to fit your business processes into a rigid out-of-the-box automation software but rather you are “wrapping” powerful HubSpot technology around your time-tested business processes.
The benefits of Process Automation
- Quality and consistency - Process Automation ensures that all tasks are being performed in a standardized way, which results in high quality reliable results, process automation also guarantees the consistency of the results.
- Save time - Valuable time is not wasted on activities that although essential are not high-value. For this reason, automating these activities enables you to save time that can be better used in activities that will actually add real value to your business.
- Cost reduction and continuous improvement - Once the process automation reduces the time necessary for a task to be performed it consequently reduces the effort and cost necessary for its successful completion.
In the digital world of continuous change and evolution, Process Automation is the driving force which will lead your business to success.
Pricing and Packaging
If you’re ready to take your operations to the next level, we at Struto can provide you a delightful automation experience.